eye health condition
eyes are precious
Dry eye is a common, sometimes chronic, condition and can occur at any age. Symptoms include blurred vision that comes and goes, eye irritation, redness, stinging or burning sensation, mucus around the eyes, itchy, tired or watery eyes.
Symptoms and severity of dry eyes tend to increase with age, are more common in women, contact lens wearers, post-cataract or LASIK surgery, and people who spend much time in front of computer screens.
The main causes of dry eye include:
· Inadequate natural production of tears.
· Increased evaporation of tear film from eye.
· Incomplete or reduced blinking.
· Hormonal and age changes.
· Overwearing of contact lenses.
· Dry, windy and air-conditioned environments.
· Side effects of certain systemic medications.
· Blepharitis and inflammed eyelids.
· Meibomian gland dysfunction.
We diagnose and monitor your dry eyes by careful slitlamp examination of your eye surface, eyelids, assess your blinking, look for dry spots with special coloured dyes, as well as using sophisticated imaging instruments to analyse your tear film layer quality and rate of evaporation.
Our sophisticated eye surface diagnostic instrument checks for tear film instability and evaporation, helping us to clinically treat your dry eye condition more effectively.